Monday 10 November 2014

Sugarcane Mulch

I bought some Sugarcane Mulch yesterday, in preparation for the first plants, and because this is getting quite addictive and exciting, so I want to add something every day to it.

Bunnings had the better deal, and I chose organic mulch as it's for vegetable stock, and using sugarcane mulch is better for the environment, as it value adds to something farmers traditionally burnt off. It's my bit to reduce CO2 emissions.

Having a backyard garden will also reduce my impact on transport emissions for the delivery of vegetables to market. I just wish I could somehow add a water tank to the backyard an collect rainwater for the garden, but alas, it's a rental and there isn't access to the drainpipes off the roof at the back of the house (otherwise I would just jerry-rig something of my own that could be easily dismantled in the future).


No comments:

Post a Comment