Sunday 4 January 2015

Silly season

Ok, so I may not have created the raised bed as yet - frankly I blame Xmas, New Years etc - but I have just added basil, chives and Hon Sai Tai (photos to be added soon).

The rocket and spinach is ready for harvest - they'll be going into tomorrow's lunch.

I've also added capsicum, pumpkin (gray and butternut) and corriander.

I'm promising myself to build the raised bed sometime this week. I laid the bedding for it today (flattening out and evening the soil base for the frame), and just need to strip the last few nails (requiring the angle grinder) from the wood I rescued from the tip.

For the raised bed:

Lettuce
Zucchini
Carrots
And whatever else will fit into the patch with all that.

I've got to say, it's either in my blood, or really addictive naturally. I just wish I had more space and much better soil to work with - I'd grow everything (including chickens).

No comments:

Post a Comment